Play To Earn (P2e) Crypto Games: The Future Of Fun And Money
With the introduction of Blockchain technology, players can now play for fun and earn in a new decentralized gaming marketplace called GameFi. This revolutionary system flips traditional games on their head by allowing players to “play-to-earn” instead of “pay-to-play.” The crypto games on GameFi use in-game assets that have actual value that can be transferred off the platform. This provides a unique and sustainable economic model for players that is not possible with fiat or traditional in-game currencies.
Blockchain-based games are the new way to make money while playing. For too long, game developers have taken advantage of players by selling them expensive in-game items that do not have value outside the box. This is changing with the rise of the blockchain game. The game’s company does not own the tokens and NFTs generated in the game.
Why Are Traditional Games Not Sustainable?
The traditional model for video games is not sustainable in the long term. The cost of developing and marketing a AAA game has reached upwards of $100 million. The games industry is becoming increasingly centralized as large companies consolidate power and control. The top 20 gaming companies now account for 77% of the market. This leaves little room for small developers to compete. As the industry centralizes, it will become increasingly difficult for new developers to enter the market.
The Best Play To Earn Games
Following are the best P2E games that use blockchain technology:
1. Axie Infinity: It is an online fun activity that has generated a lot of buzz worldwide. It’s currently the number one decentralized app (dApp) in Ethereum’s blockchain ecosystem. Axie Infinity shards are the game’s governance token, which can be earned through staking and playing.
There are lots of cryptocurrency exchanges that can help you buy AXS tokens. This is one of the easiest and most popular ways to get into crypto.
2. Decentraland: It is a blockchain-based fun activity that allows players to earn real cryptocurrency while playing. Decentraland is based on a virtual world where you can own land, build on it, and sell it. It uses MANA tokens, which can be bought and sold on cryptocurrency exchanges.
3. Sandbox: It is a user-generated world where players can earn SAND, the game’s cryptocurrency. The Sandbox allows players to create, experiment, and play with complete freedom.
The Sandbox is a revolutionary platform that provides gamers with ownership of their creations, unlike other crypto games. Unlike the native token, you don’t earn it through playing but instead by selling your NFTs on the Sandbox marketplace.
4. Skyweaver: It is a digital card game that allows players to earn ETH, the cryptocurrency of Ethereum. Skyweaver is a trading card game similar to Magic the Gathering and Hearthstone. The game uses Ether, the cryptocurrency of Ethereum, as its in-game currency.
So, these are some of the best play-to-earn games that use blockchain technology. If you are looking for a way to get into cryptocurrency, these activities are the best way to do it.
Things You Should Know Before Playing Crypto Games
Before playing P2E games, there are a few things you should know.
- Cryptocurrency is volatile: The cryptocurrency’s price can go up and down quickly. Likewise, the value of your assets can also go up and down quickly.
- You need a cryptocurrency wallet: A cryptocurrency wallet is a software that allows you to store, send, and receive cryptocurrency. You will require a crypto wallet to store your digital assets.
- You need to be careful with your private keys: Your private keys are what give you access to your wallet. If you lose your private keys, you will lose your wallet and assets access.
Play-to-earn games are the best way to get into cryptocurrency as they offer players the opportunity to own and trade their in-game assets for real money. So, go ahead and start playing these games to start earning cryptocurrency.