Can the 12th pass apply for SSC stenographer?
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts exams for filling vacancies in government ministries, departments, and other autonomous bodies. SSC Stenographer is one such exam to recruit candidates as stenographers for Group C and Group D Non-Gazetted posts.
There is some good news for exam aspirants for stenographer 2022. SSC has released the tentative exam date, which is April 2023. The notification will be issued on December 5, 2022, and the last date to apply will be December 31, 2022. Want to know more about the exam, be with us.
Selection process for the SSC Stenographer exam
This national level exam consists of two stages-
Online Computer-based Exam
It is an online objective-based exam of 2 hours duration having 200 questions totaling 300 marks. It has three sets: General Reasoning & Intelligence, General Knowledge, and English Comprehension.
Skill test of stenography
This test has different conditions for Group C and Group D. For Group D, 80 words per minute for 8 minutes, and for group C, 100 words per minute for 10 minutes is the passing criteria.
Can a 12th pass apply for SSC Stenographer?
Now let’s come to our main point of discussion, whether someone who has only completed the 12th standard is eligible to apply or not? Yes, a 12th pass out from a recognized school is eligible for the exam.
SSC releases vacancies for both group C and group D. Age criteria for both groups:
Age- 18 to 30 years
Age- 18 to 27 years
Note:- SSC also offers age relaxation for reserved categories.
Besides education and skill set requirements, the candidate must be an Indian national.
Note:- There are separate rules for candidates from Tibet, Nepal, Bhutan, and others settled outside India. Please check the notification once it releases.
SSC will release the notification in PDF format with tentative vacancies. Ideally, it offers flexibility to choose the exam centres spreading across India for the online computer-based exam.
How to apply for SSC stenographer online?
- Once the notification is out, visit the official website that is SSC.nic.in.
- Look for the “latest news” section, where you’ll see notifications. Read it and then apply after clicking on the “SSC Stenographer Registration link.”
- Fill out the form with the required information such as name, DOB, educational qualification, skill set, etc.
- Submit it, and you will get the registration ID and password.
- Log in through the ID and password and complete the form by uploading your photo and signature and making payment.
- Though it is not mandatory, you may keep the printout of the complete form for future reference.
General/OBC: INR 100
All other categories of candidates are exempted from the application fee.
Ways to download the SSC Stenographer exam admit card
- SSC releases the stenographer 2022 admit card for Computer Based Test (CBT) with date, time, location, and other instructions.
- Visit the website and locate the admit card for the stenographer 2022 exam under the latest news section.
- Enter the key details like name, roll number, and date of birth before clicking the submit button.
- Afterwards, if the admit card is available for you, it will get downloaded.
Expected cutoff for SSC stenographer 2022
Here is the expected cutoff for different categories based on past results and trends.
- General- 130 to 145
- OBC- 130 to 140
- SC- 110 to 120
- ST- 90 to 11
Since we’ve broken the news for the SSC stenographer 2022 exam, it’s time to start the preparation. You’ve approx one year, which is enough for practice to get a well-paid and highly regarded government job as a stenographer.